Bratwurst with Kumara, Goat Cheese and Parsley
You can make this recipe successfully with almost any kind of fresh bratwurst sausage – we’d recommend Swiss Deli Pork Bratwurst. We’ve also found it tasty when prepared with Nurnberger, a thin meaty German specialty best cooked on a barbecue.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
You will need:
- 4 Swiss Deli Pork Bratwurst
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (for frying the sausages)
- 2 orange kumara, peeled and roughly diced
- 100g crumbly goat’s cheese, crumbled
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2. Fry the Swiss Deli Pork Bratwurst slowly in the sunflower oil until they are evenly browned, turning occasionally. This should take about 30 minutes. (Alternatively you can barbecue the sausages.)
3. Meanwhile, boil the sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes until cooked, and then drain.
4. When the sausages are done, remove them from the pan or barbecue and cut each one into a few pieces. Set aside.
5. Transfer the kumara to the pan you cooked the sausages in and toss them in the remaining cooking juices over moderate heat until crisped up. (If you cooked your sausages on a barbecue, just sauté the
kumara in 1 tablespoon sunflower oil in a fresh pan)
6. Now take a large bowl, throw all the ingredients in and toss together before serving.