Cervelas Sausage with Five Spice
Switzerland meets China in this surprising, but excellent concoction. Like many emulsified sausages, Swiss Deli Cervelas are meant to be poached prior to consumption, but not often in a spicy Oriental stock.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
You will need:
- 4 Swiss Deli Cervelas
- 500ml chicken stock
- 4 whole star anise
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 6 florets long-stem broccoli or other green vegetable
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 250g cooked rice noodles
2. As the stock simmers, stir-fry the long-stem broccoli and red pepper for a couple of minutes over fierce heat, stirring constantly. Transfer to the spiced stock, then stir in the noodles and serve immediately.