Huevos Rancheros with Spanish Chorizo
This is a classic hot Hispanic breakfast recipe, which uses Swiss Deli Spanish Chorizo. It will set you up for the day nicely. You will need a small to medium frying pan with a lid.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
You will need:
- 2 Swiss Deli Spanish Chorizo, sliced
- 2 eggs
- ½ onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 200g chopped tomatoes from a tin
- 1–2 sprigs oregano, chopped
- corn tortillas to serve
2. Add the tomatoes, oregano and a little salt if you wish. Simmer for ten minutes.
3. Make two indentations in the sauce and break in the eggs.
4. Place the lid on the pan and continue to cook over low to moderate heat for three to five minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.
5. Place the pan on the table and serve yourselves.
6. Warm corn tortillas are an essential accompaniment.