Italian Salami Breakfast Sandwich
There’s a lot going on in this sandwich, but it has great balance. The saltiness of the meat is offset by the sweetness of the basil and the creaminess of the egg and mozzarella. This is a rich sandwich, but it’s refreshing. And the beautiful thing is, it is not just for breakfast.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 2 min
You will need:
- 4 to 6 thin slices Swiss Deli Italian Salami
- 1 large egg
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices Swiss Deli Prosciutto
- 2 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 thin slices red onion, soaked in ice water for 2 min then drained
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
2. In the same skillet, fry the egg sunny–side up. Remove and set aside.
3. On the piece of bread, layer the salami, prosciutto, and mozzarella and drained red onion, close with the remaining slice.
4. Place in the same skillet, pressing down on the sandwich with the palm of your hand and lightly toast on both sides.
5. Remove from the skillet and open the sandwich. Layer the egg and basil on the bottom half.
6. Close, slice on the diagonal, and serve.