Pork Bratwurst Hotpot with Worcestershire Sauce
Hotpots are very popular northern European dishes, being warming, comforting and easy to prepare. This Swiss Deli Pork Bratwurst-based example is no exception. You can also use pre-cooked sausages for this recipe, such as Pork Kabbanos or Chorizo, to add a hint of smoke to the flavour.
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
You will need:
- 400g fresh Swiss Deli Pork Bratwurst (4 sausages)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for frying the sausages)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and roughly diced
- ½ leek, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 medium red pepper, roughly diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 250ml red wine
- 1–2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- 750ml chicken stock
- 3 medium potatoes, cleaned and roughly diced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Gently fry the onion, leek, garlic, paprika and red pepper for ten minutes or so.
3. Add the tomato purée, wine, thyme, bay leaves, sage, chicken stock, potatoes, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and sliced sausages.
4. Simmer for half an hour until the potatoes are cooked. Serve with crusty bread and butter.