Seafood Paella with Spanish Chorizo
This paella is scented with saffron and has a rich, smoky tomato taste. Swiss Deli Spanish Chorizo with its depth of flavour, really adds savour to this dish. Don’t worry if you don’t have a paella pan – use a large wok instead.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
You will need:
- 2 Swiss Deli Spanish Chorizo, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots or 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Spanish pimenton
- 250g paella rice
- 700ml chicken stock
- Pinch of saffron
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 250g baby squid (available ready cleaned from most supermarkets)
- 250g large raw prawns
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2. Add the pimenton and rice. Keep the pan on the heat and ‘toast’ the rice for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn’t stick.
3. Add half the stock, the saffron and the tomatoes and cook gently until the liquid has been taken up by the rice. Add the rest of the stock and, once it has come to the boil, add the squid and shrimp.
4. Simmer the rice until al dente, stir in the parsley and serve.